Sunday, February 19, 2012

A troubled writer-- how cliche.

I hate to love writing so much sometimes. I get told by an executive vice president that I am great at what I do, but then told by my peers that I need to start over. I write professional pieces, fun and aspiring pieces, letters to myself, etc. I keep writing, but no matter what, I am never good enough. I guess that it's good this way, to keep improving and not being satisfied, but if I can't be confident in what I write for more than a couple hours every couple of weeks, why keep doing it?
Its said that every person goes through a time in their lives where they feel incompetent in their own abilities, but how long should this moment in time last? A month, a year, multiple years?
I know that my career choice in public relations requires me to be self motivated without praise, but as I am growing to be that professional person, I would appreciate if someone told me either to chose a new dream, so that I work even harder, or that I am showing improvement, so that I continue at my steady pace of growth.
I probably take things too personal, but my words mean so much to me. Today, I am ill of little passion. I am ill of lack of creativity. I am ill with a case of troubled writer. Too many cliches fill my sentences and my sentence variety looks like a bag of pull and peel twizzlers which are all tangled but look identical.
All we can do is keep breathing. Listening to Ingrid Michaelson is also a good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment